|Location||San Francisco, CA|
Sanguchon is a Peruvian food truck that sells sandwiches and wraps based on classic Peruvian dishes. They also sell fresh desserts and drinks. It was founded by Chef Carlos Altamirano and wife Shu Dai, the owners of Mochica, Piqueo's and La Costanera. It launched in 2011 and is based out of Potrero Hill in San Francisco. The fleet consists of two trucks.
The name comes from a Peruvian slang word meaning "big sandwich." Sangucherias are popular shops in Peru that are known for their large sandwiches.
Where is this truck usually parked?Edit
One truck is typically around the Potrero Hill neighborhood, and another can be found in and around San Francisco. Check Twitter or Facebook for current locations.
- Pan con Chicharron - Pork loin with fried yams and marinated onions
- Pollo a la Brasa - Peruvian roast chicken
- Barbacoa - Pulled BBQ pork spare ribs
- Lomo Saltado - Stir fried NY steak
- Aji de Gallina - Chicken breast in a Peruvian cheese sauce
- Vegetales al Curry - Mixed veggies in a Peruvian curry sauce
- Yucca Fries
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Tequenos - Fried won tons with Oakaca cheese and avocado puree
- Platano Frito
- Costillitas de Chancho - Pork spare ribs with BBQ sauce
- Chicha Morada - Purple corn drink
- Maracuya - Passionfruit juice
- Inka Kola
- Coca Cola
- Coconut Juice